- Thaat: Bhairava
- Jaati: Sampooran - Sampooran
- Note Info: Re Komal, Ni Komal, the rest of the notes are shudha.
- Rasa:Shaanta, adhbuta, bhakti: Praise of god, loved ones, appreciative moments of the past
- Vaadi: Ma
- Samvaadi: Sa
- Playing Time: Morning
- Playing Hints & Comments: This raaga is considered a mixture of Bhairava elements in the poorvaang (lower) region and Kaafi elements in uttaraang (upper) region of the octave. The note shudha Re is also used briefly and occasionally in the aarohi movement. A pause on shudha Ma creates a pleasing effect. A definitive song in English verse has also been composed and recorded for Rasik Raaga Lakshan Manjari by the Pt. S. D. Batish.
- Carnaatic Affiliation: S. I. primary raaga Chakravaak of Chakravaak Mela #16, has a similar scale construction. Therefore, it seems more appropriate to attribute Aheer Bhairava to this Mela. A definitive classical kriti in Ek Tal - Toyaa Vega Vaahini Ko, rendered in the North Indian style, has been composed and recorded by the author for his research project on the music of South India.
This is an example of some of the contents of this raga's chalan. To order the full version, please email info [at] batish.com
HOME | Batish Institute Archives | Musical Instruments For Sale | Ragopedia Vol. 1 | Indian Music Bibliography | Chalan Project | RagaNet E-Zine | Indian Music Glossary | S. D Batish | Ashwin Batish | New Releases | Upcoming Concerts | Catalog | Guru-Shishya Database | World Links | Midi Pandit | Classified Ads | Batish Recording Service
email: info [at] batish.comcopyright ©1995, 1996, 1997 Batish Institute. All rights reserved. Intended For Personal Use Only. No part of the information here may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and recording, or by any information and storage retrieval system, without specific written permission from the Batish family.